Dr. Vukosi Marivate an expert in machine learning and data science will lead a seminar on “Applied Data Science and Machine Learning” at the University of Sierra Leone, Fourah Bay College on 7 November 2019 for data analysts, university faculty, graduate students, and academic and non-academic researchers.
This is a one-day data science workshop to train policymakers and data experts on new cutting edge tools and data analysis algorithms with a focus on big data.
The seminar will include lectures, interactive demonstrations, hands-on exercises, and discussions covering topics including:
- Data Science
- Natural Language Processing
- Visualizations for Data Science
- Machine Learning
- Data analysts, university faculty, graduate students, or other academic and non-academic researchers can apply
- Applicants must be proficient in reading, listening, speaking and writing in English.
- Applications must be submitted here before the deadline: October 25th, 2019, 12:00pm GMT.
Each participant must come with a laptop to ensure active participation in the exercises and, if possible, come along with data sets to work on.
The seminar is organized by the Directorate of Science, Technology and Innovation.